Sunday, June 1, 2014

Next Chapter, Please


As some of you know, growing up I didn’t love to read, I struggled with it actually, which is why my adult-self is so surprised at the way I have fallen in love with books just in the last 10 years. It’s been a beautiful journey that has recently led me to a new job working for a local children's publishing company, Barefoot Books. I'm very excited and wanted to tell you a bit about the company.

I first learned about Barefoot Books at a Le Leche League conference and I instantly fell in love. The more I researched this company, and looked through the catalog, the more I became excited about Barefoot Books. The books and activities are beautiful! The artwork is captivating (being an art major, I am always looking to get lost in illustrations). The stories are diverse and truly reflect the multi-cultural world we live in. Barefoot has worked to incorporate fun music and movement into many of the books; the stories really do educate and inspire, and they reinforce values my family knows to be important.

The products are economically sound, made from responsibly sourced paper with vegetable based ink. I am very grateful to be able to sell wonderful books and gifts through such an intentional company.

I’m very excited about this next chapter in my life. ;) Don’t worry, the blog isn’t going anywhere, I will continue to write. I must say I do love that I have received emails from a few of you asking me to get back on the writing horse- thank you.

I am happy to keep you updated on my progress and some events down the road. For now, I wanted to let you know a bit about this new adventure and hope that you'll share in my excitement. If you want to check out more please head to my webpage www.greenstorybooks.com

“You're never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child.”
-Dr. Seuss


No comments:

Post a Comment