Tuesday, October 16, 2012

California Love

On Sunday night when I was so full of inspiration and warm fuzzy feelings I should have written it down. On Sunday night when we sat on an airplane, and I reflected on all the wonderful moments Derek and I had with each other and our friends, I should have written it down. Now I grasp onto some random moments in my head and on my heart, but surely they are missing bits. Kind of like the Landon's smile- you know he's smiling, but clearly he's missing some very important teeth. Sorry. Bad analogy, but you get it. I bet I would have had a better analogy on Sunday... So here are some of my favorite moments from over the weekend, in no particular order of course!


Late night talks and laughter with Noah and Michelle before bedtime.

Paleo breakfast with my soul sisters in Santa Monica.

Seeing a bit of Gloucester in a California home.

Feeling the water on Butterfly Beach, surprisingly not as cold in October as Good Harbor Beach in July.


Hugging my girls, taking photos, and just being with them again. 

Derek and I planning our future on a napkin outside one of his favorite L.A. breaky spots.

Holding Derek's hand (a favorite of mine, always- 
it just never gets old).

Seeing familiar places and discovering 100 new ones.

Talking to Carina on the phone while shuffling through $100 jeans that I would never buy.

Being able to be there when Michelle and Noah committed their lives to each other. 

Seeing Noah give Derek a key to their house because of tradition... I swear, I almost lost it in the middle of Urth Cafe. The heart these boys have, you'd swear they're women. ;)

Seeing Natalie and Mike so happy together and so appreciative of each other. It's wonderful to see friends in perfect relationships.

Seeing how old-time friends can get together and create new-time-fun.

Taking about inspiration, love and gratitude with Brendan and Derek over the blasting wedding music.

Watching the dolphins play in the waves with the surfers.

Eating yummy, healthy food!!

Seeing the way Noah and Michelle looked at each other during their first dance. Melt. My. Heart.

Groundworks Coffee every morning.

Laughing and dancing with a tipsy Derek on the walk home after the wedding. He was in rare form. I loved every second of it!

Napping on the beach on the sand. Enjoying the sunshine!

Hanging half-out of the window while Alexis drove alongside the beach with Brendan James' "Lucky One" BLASTING.

Morning walks with my Husband.

Having two "movie dates" with Derek on the airplane.

Hanging out and cuddling with Dexter the amazing dog.


Sleeping in till 9am East Coast Time and getting up at 6am West Coast Time! Feeling refreshed and still having all morning!

Going to a Sunday Morning Farmers' Market.

Daydreaming in the sunshine.


Stopping in Ventura to watch the surf. 

Hands out the window, catching the wind.

Seeing the Beautifully Strong Jen and finally meeting her lovely husband Dr. Nick. They have such an awesome practice out there!

Kiss Buggies, lots of them.

Driving on the PCH. ...Learning what PCH stood for. 

That perfect moment when Derek and I knew that California is where we'd like to settle in the end, and setting the goals to make it a reality... some day. 


Till then, 
I'm a very grateful,
 and very happy Beverlian.

No comments:

Post a Comment